Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Great Roads


The day started well with a good breakfast at the hotel, and rooms that overlooked the seascape so the view was great. We decided to leave at 9:00 am since we wanted to arrive at Hatta in the afternoon. Once we started out of the hotel we got a slight drizzle of rain, then it increased so I stopped to put on our rain gear except that Aziz didn't bring his and decided to continue to the border with out it. My wife and I put on our rain gear and then it started to really pour. Once we reached he border we met up with Aziz and his wife who were slightly wet, and continued towards Hatta via Dibba, and Alfujaira visiting Albidyah Mosque which was built around 1446 AD.






After leaving the Mosque the GPS died again so when we stopped for lunch at an Irani resturant I removed the battery and reinstalled it on the motorcycle and it worked!




The fastest way from Alfujaira to Hatta according to the GPS is through Oman, since I didn't want to go through three borders in one day I found a route that didn't go through Oman from Alfujaira to Hatta that turned out to be a great road and passing through two tunnels.



We finally reached Hatta fort Hotel at 3:30 pm while only riding 279 km. Tomorrow we will be leaving for Muscat around 11:00 am.



1 comment:

Aseel said...

Sexy Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Welcome to my Journals......

Ever since I have been traveling on two wheels I haven't written any thing down regarding where I went, who I saw, or how I did it.

Most of my travels are with friend who I thank for letting me tag along, learn, and grow.

This journal will have two aspects the first a record of my future travels, and maybe some back dated ones. And the other will be my thoughts about traveling on a motorcycle, what gear I have tried, and what methods I feel are the best for traveling.

Please feel free to drop me a note regarding motorcycle travel, I will be happy to reply.