Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Trust Issues


It is an uncomfortable feeling riding a bike you cannot trust to perform, it all started this morning when I decided to take a ride into Hatta and felt, while turning, that the bike's tires need looking at. Upon inspection I found nothing wrong with the front tire and a nail in the rear which had only 18 psi instead of the 41psi it should have. So I started the tire repair with a mushroom shaped plug and inflated it to the desired pressure it looked solid and we started our trip towards Oman at noon.


We passed through the borders, and headed towards Muscat passing different villages and towns it was a good ride until about tow and a half hours into the ride when I felt that the bike was unbalanced and stopped immediately and found that the Mushroom plug wasn't there and all the air just rushed out of the tire. Well all that I can do is re patch the tire this time with the tire repair kit Aziz had and call a fried in Oman to try to get me a new tire. We continued the ride carefully through traffic and finally reaching the hotel where I felt that the tire was deflated, apparently the second patch was leaking. We check in and I started following up on phone calls and got our prayers answered when my friend informed me that there is a tire available and that he will come by tomorrow morning to pick me up after I remove the wheel to take it to get the tire changed.


No comments:

Welcome to my Journals......

Ever since I have been traveling on two wheels I haven't written any thing down regarding where I went, who I saw, or how I did it.

Most of my travels are with friend who I thank for letting me tag along, learn, and grow.

This journal will have two aspects the first a record of my future travels, and maybe some back dated ones. And the other will be my thoughts about traveling on a motorcycle, what gear I have tried, and what methods I feel are the best for traveling.

Please feel free to drop me a note regarding motorcycle travel, I will be happy to reply.