Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Round and Round


OK OK OK , I haven't written any thing for a while, and the reason is that I have been spending my time planning my Round the World Trip, yes my friends I finally intend to circumnavigate the globe and have been planning this for the past 3 months, with plenty left to do.

The trip is expected to take between 110 and 120 days starting on the 2nd of MAY 2009 (Inshalla) this is the amount of time I can afford at the moment. So far I have two friends who stated that they will be joining me on this trip, which helps with distributing the planning activities amongst all of us. I have purchased a new 2008 R1200GS adventure for the trip although now I think it would have been a better idea to have bought my friend's used 2004 R1200GS, for about half the price I would have more money for the trip. Oh well you can't plan everything and now since I have already spent the money for the new bike, and the fact that the resale value for an adventure here is low, I have decided to stay with it, especially that it has many good features for traveling and not much should go wrong with a new bike.

I will be mentionening in future posts what I am doing to prepare for the trip including what I am doing to the Motorcycle to get it prepared for that journey of a lifetime.

3 comments:

E.J. said...

Around the world, that will be an epic journey! Looking forward to following the preparation and the ride.

Janifer said...

Hope its such a amazing tour on bikes.
Tampa Beach Hotels

Yousuf said...

I think its nice way for world tour.
Filter Cloth

Welcome to my Journals......

Ever since I have been traveling on two wheels I haven't written any thing down regarding where I went, who I saw, or how I did it.

Most of my travels are with friend who I thank for letting me tag along, learn, and grow.

This journal will have two aspects the first a record of my future travels, and maybe some back dated ones. And the other will be my thoughts about traveling on a motorcycle, what gear I have tried, and what methods I feel are the best for traveling.

Please feel free to drop me a note regarding motorcycle travel, I will be happy to reply.